Sunday, December 14, 2008

*I'm officially 29 & I'm moving on - - ฉันเดินต่อไป


Yes, I am officially getting one whole year older after passing 12:00 AM of December 12th, 2008. Isn't it kind of strange that we add one year to our age when only a few minutes passing *a day*? Anyway, if anyone ask me how old I am now, I would no longer waste any seconds hesitating what number should I pick and will immediately answer, "I am 29" after all.

Any special things did I do on my birthday? Yup. But if you are expecting a hearing of some wild parties, I would say sorry to let you down. Although some friends did ask me whether I would like to celebrate with them in quite such places as exotic restaurants or clubs with live music, I would have never been happier to go with them last year, this year I opted for a *private moment* with my best friend.

Of course, I am not saying that the only thing I think of on my birthday is friends, I also think of myself and my family too. So I did have moments with family - hugging dad and mom and talking at midnight, when the day was turning to December 12th; ตักบาตร-ing in the morning with dad; and spending the whole afternoon in a informative and experiential talk session organized by BBL with dad.

After hours, dad went right home to take a rest, I drove to Central Rama III as appointed with Jean. Unsurprisingly, driving through rush hour traffic did not irritate me due to the matter of fact that I was having quite an appreciating moment with the moon. Yes, the moon. I put the radio on and heard of another lunar phenomenon, apart from the smiling face on the other day. OK, it was not really a world-stunning kind of phenomenon. It was just that the moon moved to quite a position that was very close to the earth, therefore we could witness an unusual huge version of the moon. So, I looked up to the sky and I saw this glowing yellow full moon, with the lucid rabbit silhouette clearer than ever. And be happy ^^

Another thing I heard from the radio was a new movie in the cinema, "Happy Birthday". I saw a poster on the other day and thought it was a Japanese movie. I was wrong. It is Thai one, a making by Phongpat Wachirabanchong, starring Ananda Everingham. Official showtime will start next week, but some special rounds would be arranged after 8PM today. Wow, isn't it cool to watch this particular movie "Happy Birthday" on my birthday? 5555

So it turned out that I spent my birthday evening with Jean on dinner, the movie, and giving her a ride home. [Reflection on the context of the movie will be discussed in another journal.] As simple as that. But I must say this is pretty much special to me. What special is that, for one, I had a secret mission with Jean months ago and specifically marked my birthday as a milestone. As time passed, things passed, I would like to *finish* the mission by meeting with Jean, reflecting on what happened, and moving on.

As we arrived at front of Jean's place, she did not get out off the car right away but simply stayed inside and finished our conversation, as we always did. And who knows her speaking unintentionally made my day! So here is what she said, she was aware of some evidence of growing up in me. And as we have been friends for, count it, 15 years [oh my God, we ARE old!!], noone would be more qualified for such comments. Yes, she saw I did pass some sort of learning process and consequently revealed some kind of maturity. Well, my dear friend, I know I am not that mature. I just learned and eventually gathered up with the new motto. Be mature at the right time, be young at the right time. Do not live your life boring. That's it.

Before this very expression, the only preception of myself was that I saw myself, over the past 12 months in particular, some growing knowledge & logical thinking towards such certain issues which never really mattered to me as gold trading, stock trading, oil prices, economic crisis, in-depth politics and so on. Her saying basically brought me to a manifestation that oh so I did grow up, as what a 29-year-old is supposed to be! And this very implication beats all kinds of greetings for the day, besides my parents' wishes though!!

Jean, I can tell my story somewhat inspires you, but you may not know that your consequential impression does inspire me back too, even more! Thank you for the best *intangible* birthday gift I have ever gotten for this new age of mine!

For the *secret mission*, this would not have been complete without sinking in the whole happening in private. The night of my birthday was perfect for that ritual.

Here is the result...

*It* does not really matter to me any more. I would not do anything, yet let everything goes as it is. However, I do not regret for anything, nor feel like taking anything back. All have been done as it should be. I will not judge, nor expect, or anything. Instead, I would like to thank whatever brought this to me for memorable moments and lessons, as I always thought whenever things happened to me. I am what I am right now because everything, both good and bad, came to me and I have been learning along the way.


Thank you, thank me, thank my birthday.
:-)








[credit: Happy Birthday - Michel Camilo]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to see you had a good bday na ka. :)

I don't know the details of ur mission, so i'll just wish you the best of luck in general!!! In any case though, I love your motto ka!!!!

I'm still having to work on the being "mature" when appropriate. ^^%

Anyway, please give my best regards to p'jean too na ka. :)